För er som vill baka min äpplekaka med Buttercream kommer receptet här. Tyvärr är det med USA mått, så jag länkar till en convertor som gör alla mått till dl. Jag har också lagt till jordgubbar och choklad frosting på toppen, men det är bara för dekoration.
For the buttercream
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into pieces
For the cake
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted, plus more for pans
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for pans
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled, two coarsely grated and two diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter three 8-inch-round cake pans; line bottoms with parchment paper. Butter, then flour paper and sides (tapping out excess); set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together butter, sugar, and eggs until well combined; fold in grated and diced apples. Add flour mixture; mix just until combined. Divide batter among prepared pans; smooth tops.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool cakes in pans 20 minutes, then invert onto wire racks; peel off parchment. Invert cakes again, and let cool completely on racks.
- Make buttercream: In a heatproof bowl set over (not in) a pan of simmering water, whisk together egg whites, sugar, and salt until sugar has dissolved; remove from heat. Using an electric mixer on medium, beat mixture until fluffy and cooled, about 15 minutes. Increase to high; beat until stiff peaks form. Reduce to medium-low; gradually add butter, beating until fully incorporated, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Assemble cake: Place one layer on a serving plate; spread top with buttercream. Top with another layer; spread top with buttercream. Top with third layer; spread remaining buttercream over top and sides of cake. Refrigerate at least 1 hour (or up to 4 days). To serve, bring cake to room temperature; slice with a serrated knife.